English Special Interest Category (books about food and beverages that aren't cookbooks):
- David Sax, Save the Deli: In Search of Perfect Pastrami, Crusty Rye, and the Heart of the Jewish Delicatessen (McClelland & Stewart)
English Canadian Culinary Culture Category (books that best illustrate Canada's culinary heritage and food culture):
- Chefs' Table Society of British Columbia, Vancouver Cooks 2 (Douglas & McIntyre)
- Nathalie Cooke, ed., What's To Eat? Entrées in Canadian Food History (McGill-Queen's University Press)
- Michael Howell, Atlantic Seafood: Recipes from Chef Michael Howell (Nimbus Publishing)
English Cookbook Category:
- Anna Olson, Fresh with Anna Olson: Seasonally Inspired Recipes to Share with Family and Friends (Whitecap Books)
- Michael Smith, The Best of Chef at Home: Essential Recipes for Today's Kitchen (Whitecap Books).
Winners will be announced Nov. 5.
Canadian publishers endorse Truth and Reconciliation Commission's Calls to Action.