English Special Interest Category (books about food and beverages that aren't cookbooks):
- David Sax, Save the Deli: In Search of Perfect Pastrami, Crusty Rye, and the Heart of the Jewish Delicatessen (McClelland & Stewart)
English Canadian Culinary Culture Category (books that best illustrate Canada's culinary heritage and food culture):
- Chefs' Table Society of British Columbia, Vancouver Cooks 2 (Douglas & McIntyre)
- Nathalie Cooke, ed., What's To Eat? Entrées in Canadian Food History (McGill-Queen's University Press)
- Michael Howell, Atlantic Seafood: Recipes from Chef Michael Howell (Nimbus Publishing)
English Cookbook Category:
- Anna Olson, Fresh with Anna Olson: Seasonally Inspired Recipes to Share with Family and Friends (Whitecap Books)
- Michael Smith, The Best of Chef at Home: Essential Recipes for Today's Kitchen (Whitecap Books).
Winners will be announced Nov. 5.
The Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) is pleased to announce that Kirk Howard, founder and president of Dundurn Press, will be presented with the President’s Award at the association’s 2017 Annual General Meeting. ACP is also delighted to present Michael Harrison with honorary lifetime membership in the association.