Playwrights Canada Press, Canada's largest and only exclusive publisher of drama books, is seeking a marketing coordinator. The marketing coordinator will work to promote books both published and represented by Playwrights Canada Press.
The marketing coordinator will be responsible for:
• contributing to the overall marketing plan for Playwrights Canada Press, including researching and making recommendations for future marketing initiatives
• liaising with authors and maintaining a roster of their events
• writing copy for use in press releases, catalogues, ads, and other promotional material
• booking print and online ads within budget, and creating advertising campaigns for select titles and/or events
• preparing enhanced bibliographic data
• updating and maintaining content on the website, as well as keeping up a presence for the Press on social media and through an electronic newsletter
• promoting books directly to bookstores, theatres, libraries, wholesalers, and other potential customers
• organizing and attending displays for the Press at various events, including book launches
• publicizing books to a variety of print and online media
• responding to general customer service inquiries and maintaining accurate records, as well as providing administrative support
Qualifications The ideal marketing coordinator will:
• be comfortable managing several projects at once
• demonstrate a flair for writing copy
• work well independently
• have excellent time-management and organization skills
• deliver high-quality results while operating under multiple deadlines
Previous experience in marketing, either in publishing, theatre, or an arts-related industry, is an asset. Computer proficiency, an eye for detail, and excellent communication skills are essential.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resumé by February 23, 2011:
Playwrights Canada Press
230 – 215 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
Email: [email protected]
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of applications.
The Association of Canadian Publishers (ACP) is pleased to announce that Kirk Howard, founder and president of Dundurn Press, will be presented with the President’s Award at the association’s 2017 Annual General Meeting. ACP is also delighted to present Michael Harrison with honorary lifetime membership in the association.